M&G Investments has announced the creation of a new Asia Pacific equity team along with a string of new hires.
The newly created team will be led by Dave Perrett and Carl Vine, who are based in London. According to an M&G statement, Vine will also replace Johan du Preez to manage the M&G Japan Fund (OEIC), M&G Japan Smaller Companies (OEIC), M&G (Lux) Japan Fund (Sicav) and M&G (Lux) Japan Smaller Companies (Sicav), subject to regulatory approval.
Preez will be stepping down and the four aforementioned funds will be managed by Shane Kelly, manager of the M&G Global Recovery Fund in the interim.
Perrett and Vine will be joined by an additional five appointments, including:
- Greg Moore, head of Asian equity dealing in Singapore;
- Vikas Pershad, portfolio manager in Singapore;
- Eleanor Kim, analyst in Singapore;
- Nick Cunningham, senior analyst in Hong Kong; and
- Valentina Luo, an analyst based in London.
The seven recruits all worked at Port Meadow Capital Management prior to joining M&G.
Anton Oliver, head of equities at M&G said the new team will help clients “achieve the multi-geography exposure they need.”
©2019 funds global asia